Saturday, April 30, 2011

more flowers...

this morning we had to get up extra early to make it in time to get KFC's breakfast.  i've been so intrigued by their breakfast offering, which includes the normal breakfast sandwich kind of stuff and then also some chinese flair, like fried crueller dough thingy and congee!

again, my fascination w/ baby buds
  we hit up the heze international peony exhibit.  despite not many people having heard of this town, something they are famous for are their peonies.  apparently the beautiful peonies we saw in luoyang originated from heze... but due to poor marketing and lack of business saavy, it seems that luoyang beat heze to the floral tourism competition, if it can be called that.

   
meanings completely change with
omission of 1 simple letter... "Lotus Poo"  
my new look

while the floral park was really nice, most of the flowers had already wilted and in peony heaven.  nonetheless, we had a good time just wandering around the gardens and such.
"protecting your circumstances
begins with me" so throw
your  trash where it belongs.

a new type of tree... trash tree
Later this afternoon we headed over to see the local church building that my parents attend. It’s in the old part of town that reminds you of what old China would look. A poor area. I wish I was going to be around on a Sunday so I can attend service with them… I guess that will have to wait till next time.

Afterwards we headed to this open park area where a stadium and concerthall are. Not really sure what happens in them or how often there are performances, given that this is such a small city, but it’s a nice open area where you’ll see families exercising, sitting and hanging out with their kids, flying kites, rollerblading, etc.


I’m no good at sitting still so I brought along this Chinese hackysack with feathers that Chinese people play with. I need some more practice with that… it’s quite different from juggling a soccer ball, but that’s my main frame of reference.
chillin in the park
struggling with the chinese hackysack

Then…we got all excited because we saw a greyhound there! Despite my parents not wanting another dog, I could tell that inside, they were connected to this little greyhound… I could tell they were thinking about my goldie. I wish they would adopt another… I so wish… it was sad though because later on, 2 german shepherds went over ot pick on the greyhound and fight with the skinny little guy. I felt so bad for the little guy… I could tell my parents were stunned by it. The poor thing… I just wanted to run over and hug the greyhound, but the owner had warned us not to when we initially approached the owner and asked permission to pet it…

No comments: