Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Squatty toilets and a greyhound head

My girl cousin, the only other girl in 2 generations in dad’s side of the family, gave me an answer to the issue I have been perplexed by for years, since I first stepped foot into an Asian country in 2000. The key is to squatt facing the toilet drain hole. It should be in front. Thank you ya ya! She agreed it is confusing but she’s got much practice with them and is pretty confident that is the proper posture.

Oh… and my mom today was looking at me and said… “you really do look like goldie”. Goldie is my late doggy sister. She’s a greyhound. What my mom was inferring was that i, like Goldie, have a small head and a large body relative to my head size. “thanks mom”. Later in the day, my grandmom started talking about Goldie for some odd reason. I wondered why she randomly thought of Goldie, but then was reminded of my mom’s comment. Perhaps it was me, because of my physical similarity to a greyhound, that reminded her of Goldie.

No comments: