Thursday, May 5, 2011

working in krispy kreme shanghai

I took an extended lunch break, mainly because I couldn’t decide what to eat and then I couldn’t decide where to go after lunch and then finally couldn’t decide which coffee shop to sit in for the rest of the afternoon.

I wasn't really hungry...not really in the mood for anything in particular… causing me to wander. I had McDs yesteday for lunch, and Lisa was not too happy with me for that… and I agreed that was my last McDs in China before heading back to the states and I should eat something asian. So after walking up and down this outdoor mall like place, passing Papa Johns, McDs, Krispy Kreme, KFC, Korean food, Sbux, Pho, Beard Papa’s, and plenty of other delicious places, I went for a ramen place. Nice and light.

I was supposed to stop by my friend’s office for a quick fly by hi and bye, but I’m feeling lame and poopy and don't want to move... so after I finished eating, I continued to wander back and forth in this shopping area… and then I needed to decide where to spend my afternoon. My main requirements: wifi and cheap. I just don't feel like spending $3-5 US on a coffee right now because honestly I don’t really want coffee… I’ll spend a couple bucks but that’s it. I’m being cheap… I know. So as I continued to walk back and forth in this little outdoor mall, I finally decided on Krispy Kreme. Cheap and yummy... and, I don't have to get a coffee or tea that I don't want to drink. just a donut which of course i already happily devoured.

My mom just emailed an update... gramps is out of operating room and already in his own room. He had local anesthesia.. amputated higher than initially thought.. he sounds rather "normal and loud" (my mom could hear him over the phone...). continuing to pray but good news so far.

sitting on the 2nd floor of this krispy kreme...catching up on news... investigations in pakistn and b-laden stuff... working on my brand identity stuff.. I really want to nap... I want to lay on that orange couch that other ppl are sitting on... maybe i should have gotten a coffee after all.

meeting lisa later tonight to go to her cg and then pack up and prep for my long trek back to philly tomorrow...

No comments: