Thursday, May 12, 2011

week one in america

He knows what I need...

it's hard coming back to america, to your friends, to your community after being away for a few weeks. it's hard because yes, of course i'm happy to see my friends... i'm happy to sleep in my room and bed... i'm happy not to have to live out of a backpack... i'm happy to breathe the clean air.. i'm happy to see the beautiful blue skies and the wonderful bright sunshine...

but...
you have to deal with the realities of jetlag and re-adjust back into a regular schedule... catching up on things is a pain and takes time... and seeing friends is awesome but sometimes you just don't know what to say. it's hard to summarize a trip without going into minute details that most likely will bore anyone. I'm also chewing and working some things with God, like I should always be, but there's a few specific things that's pressing on my heart. I've been calling it processing... cuz I don't know what else to call it and it seems to be a generic enough term that folks understand.

through this all... it has been so clear that He has been orchestrating every day for me to allow me to ease back into life here... starting right with day 1. the rest i got, the friends i saw, the questions they asked, the jetlag i had that woke me up early to spend some wonderful qt with Him, my best buddy who happened to be in town for mother's day that i got to see b/w the random hours of midnight and 3am, etc. the list goes on... it may not seem like anything big but i know that it was He who orchestrated this all.

It seems that I am already in the normal swing of things... hitting up my virtual office at random coffee shops around town. It's good to be back. I'm hoping to take advantage of this jetlag and continue this go to bed early (for me) and waking up early thing... it's been good... it's been good to start the day each morning with Him, at an hour when things are still quiet and the air feels fresh. It has been good.

No comments: