Thursday, May 5, 2011

coffee shop hopping

I’m sitting in a coffee shop right now, just like I do in the states, thinking and praying for my gramps who’s having surgery this morning to have his left leg amputated. This is going to be hard for him… my mom told me that when the final decision was made by the family a couple days ago, he was crying quite a bit about it. I saw him shed a few tears while I was there visiting a few weeks ago. I had to leave the room then cuz I was losing it too, so I can only imagine what it was like in that hospital room when this decision was made.

just got a note that gramps just went into surgery half an hour ago... surgery to last a good 3 hours... then 2 hours of monitoring...

My mind is filled with gunk right now… gramps, stuff from mtg, work stuff... and I feel kind of icky. My bronchial tubes feel like they're getting messy. I hope it goes away by the time I step on the plane tomorrow. I don’t want to be like one of them folk coughing up gunk everywhere. Sadly I don’t actually know how to cough up gunk even if I wanted to… I know, it’s ridiculous…

Need a change of scenery and bio break so gonna head out to grab a quick bite… then coffee shop hop to another joint.

No comments: