Friday, May 6, 2011

stepping back into the states

on friday may 6 at 12:10pm, I left Shanghai to arrive in San Francisco on friday may 6 at 7:35am. It's like i never left... in fact, i even gained a few hours. I love that about flying west from Asia.

So i couldn't sleep on the flight... which will only be trouble later as i wait for my connecting flight to philly... thinking about junk... didn't even watch any movies... anyways, i'm in downtown san francisco right now waiting to meet up with my college friend lynn (yay!!). i'm sitting in side at a coffee shop but earlier a pigeon was walking by my foot, then under my seat, then next to me... those little buggers...

as i wander around this area by the water, i was a bit concerned i looked funny or had something hanging off my face or something because people would smile at me and say hi. i mean, that doesn't happen in china... and that definitely doesn't happen in philly... but then i simply remembered that people in other cities in the states do smile and greet strangers. at least i think so...

it's good to be back in the states. i need to relearn how to cross streets though... but the fresh air.. the blue sky... the diversity... i love it.

No comments: