Wednesday, May 4, 2011

how do you say "employee engagement" in chinese?

After being on hold forever with Continental airlines, I was able to change my flight… although now with a long layover and a $75 change fee. Mostly all my flights this trip were free from accumulated miles, but gosh those change fees are racking up!

I got a phone call this morning from the company I was hoping to meet.. and hence why I had to change my flight. I was a bit nervous all day, wondering how this meeting would go and whether it was going to be in Chinese or English… I mean, this all happened so quickly and so last minute and all. I was happy to arrive at the office to find a mix of friendly foreign and Chinese faces, and was thankful that English was the chosen language for the meeting. While I did spend a lot of time looking up and asking my friend how to say some of the things I’m trying to do in Chinese, things that my friend doesn’t think really exist in China… like employee motivation, employee engagement, etc. Despite spendin the day stressing about it, I was thankful in the end to have the meeting in my mother tongue so I could actually converse in a meaningful, understandable way. anyhow, i thought it was a good conversation... not sure where it will go from here... or how He's leading through this...

headed over to a cool cafe in shanghai to do some work and met lisa there... dinner at a delish yunnan place...

praying for my gramps who's having surgery tomorrow...

No comments: