Saturday, March 19, 2011

Enroute to Shanghai

At this moment, Jenny and I are making our way to Shanghai, flying over the Baffin Bay, and I’m sandwiched by a sleeping Jenny and a sleeping stranger, and I’m kind of wanting to go for a walk through the cabin, but not sure how to maneuver my way out. So, I guess I’ll just sit here patiently.

I am completely exhausted. I would love to just sleep this whole 14 hour flight, but I can't stop thinking about all the catch-up and things to do. I would also love to watch all of these movies too, but… well, I did just watch The King’s Speech which was really good!

Sleep is on my mind, as my eyes are heavy and the yawning increases, but also on my mind is just a heart of thankfulness. It has been so good and sweet to have friends and family pray for our journey. With these past few crazy weeks, it’s been hard to focus and sit down with Him, yet in my heart I know how much I need that time with Him. I'm so thankful for how truly blessed I am... for being surrounded by wonderful friends who proactively ask to pray for us when I feel too weak to sit still as I run around like a madwoman. It is so true that “when we are weak, He is strong”, and He does indeed provide everything, even the community of brothers and sisters to come and surround us with the prayers that we so much are in need of. So a special thank you to all of my brothers and sisters who are journeying with us through your prayers, and through thoughts, and through your donations (despite our last minute planning).

No comments: