Monday, July 11, 2011

a slight.. major.. name mix-up. oops.

A good first day at the office. Still getting settled, prepping stuff, running errands – got a 3g usb stick so we can get online more easily and have our team calls (yay!). oh, allowed the sales guy at vodaphone to take a photo of me on his cell phone (cuz we needed a passport size photo to get a sim card for the usb stick so he graciously just did it for me since they were closing… but who knows where my face will now be floating around… he seemed like an honest lad). What else… missed my American staple McDonalds and got permission from Jane to eat at McDs for dinner...had a Maharaja Mac and fries (yum!)… oh, and found out that the man who Grace and I love from EMC who makes amazing food that we ate almost everyday for lunch last year and has the best smile who we used to call “Mr. ” cuz his name starts with a K… well, we found out that the man we called Mr. K is not Mr. K but Mr. D! Mr. K is actually the other cook who is also super sweet and has a great smile… I can’t believe we’ve had it wrong this whole time. And even today I was all happy to see him and called him Mr. K. How embarrassing. Neither speak English so no wonder they just smiled and thought we were weirdos…

No comments: