Tuesday, July 12, 2011

my first successful shower in days...

Today we accompanied our loan officer to receive repayments in one of their project communities. We're doing some observations this week to get a better grip of what's going on, learn the process, and get a feel of stuff.. The community was filled with noise cuz a wedding was going on right next to the community center wall where childrens' programs were going on and where loans were being repaid. Saw some teachers I got to know last year... super sweet to see them again. Although the language barrier will always be a bit frustrating... need to get my bengali better.

Constant sweating. I mean, I drip.

Today I took my first complete non-bucket shower! For whatever reason the past few days since arriving, either I begin with shower not working or I start taking a shower, I get just wet enough that I can’t just put my clothes back on, and then the water cuts and then I continue with the bucket… and Jane, for some reason, has successfully had full showers all these past few days. Well, today our fates swapped, although I think Jane diagnosed that during certain hours, it does not work so we’ll just have to keep track of those hours. it felt good to shower.

No comments: