Thursday, July 28, 2011

living in the land of silence...

As I thought about those women in that community that were being oppressed by culture and tradition… God put Psalm 94 in front of me. These verses seemed so relevant:

v 17-24

“if the Lord had not been my help, my soul would soon have lived in the land of silence. When I thought, “My foot slips,” your steadfast love, O Lord, held me up. When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul. Can wicked rulers be allied with you, those who frame injustice by statute? They band together against the life of the righteous and condemn the innocent to death. But the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

God I pray that you'd come to the help of these women and that these women would come to know and seek Him. Similar to this song, these women are living “in the land of silence.” Wicked rulers… frame injustice by statute… band together against the righteous… condemn the innocent… God I pray that you would become their stronghold… that you would become their rock of refuge… because it is only through you will they find a life that is worth living, life giving, full of peace, joy, and purpose.



Join us in praying for this specific community that we are working in... that these women would be filled with hope, that God has not forgotten them, but that God has given them a life, skills, talents to emerge from their poverty and be agents of change in their community and in the world.  


No comments: