Thursday, July 7, 2011

Chennai - a run in with security

I started my professional photography career today on a borrowed camera. I’ll explain at a later date. I want to say I’m impressed with my photography skills, but I secretly admit that it was simply the camera that was good…

In the afternoon we headed to a super nice mall where Willie’s youth team was hanging out. Today was their off day, as we head down with them tonight to a smaller town outside of Chennai where we’ll be working with a ministry that serves widows and orphans. Well, we nearly didn’t make it down to Sangita because we were almost detained by security. The super cool kiddies… as the 3 of us walked toward them in the center of the mall, they started a flash mob like song and dance. The 2 security guards just looked on from the side, seemingly entertained, not stopping anyone. Then, a man in a suit comes over, all serious, questioning Willie about who gave us permission to do this… and then when we said we were leaving, he said we can’t just leave… anyways, brief drama, lesson learned, and off we went back to the guesthouse to catch our van down to Sangita.

Great kids, great fun, exciting and memorable moments. Makes me miss high school.

No comments: