Sunday, July 10, 2011

hot sweaty mess... always..

I kept waking up last night cuz I was paranoid about mosquitoes, and rightfully so because I got bitten a couple times. Boo… just one mosquito can ruin a night of sleep. The mosquito net is going up! It’s not even that bad, but I can’t stand those buggers.

We had an awesome morning at Jeevan Jyoti Fellowship. The electricity was down for much of the service so no fans which means me dripping sweat, but that didn’t stop everyone from praising their hearts out. The Indian pastor was super charismatic, hilarious, and right on point. It was such a blessing to see friends and familiar faces and some of the children at the service. Such a joy to see how the children have grown and matured. It felt good that some remembered me and my name... although kind of embarrassing on my part as I couldn’t recall all of their names. Can’t wait to spend more time with all of my EMC family in the next days and weeks.

Aunty took us out to lunch after Church, and then we parted ways. We’ve been wandering the Park Street area in search of a SIM card and internet cards, and yes, wifi (which I should have learned from last year that it’s hard to come by here… and as a result of constant searching was dubbed the name tammy ‘wifi’ wang from ms. Na), but have thus failed. Instead, we went to a coffee shop that GNa and I frequented last year and have now hopped over to sit in KFC. This is the KFC that our team last year was taken on a “Guided Kitchen Tour” where we put on little KFC hats with stocking net and wandered through the back and upper floors of the KFC. It was pretty interesting… we are now hearing the staff doing group cheers and morale type of chants in the back. I love it! It’s like a little family back there.

We wandered a bit before heading back to the flat… found a grocery store – yes a real grocery store!!! Grace and I failed at locating one last year. We almost failed again this year, as one guy we asked thought we were looking for pizza hut (bizarre is supermarket in Bengali), which we did find to our happiness, but we met success this time. Then we had to walk forever back.. once again a hot sweaty mess, glistening, dripping, all of the above. Mosquito net is up and off to bed.

No comments: