Thursday, September 4, 2014

Pulling a King Asa

I was feel kinda crappy last week... and it was affecting my ability to fall asleep... which I think prolonged my general feeling of crappiness.  I remember one night one of my friends asked: “so what do you do when you can’t sleep?”  And my answer was “well, I toss and turn, get frustrated, maybe watch videos on youtube or old a-team episodes on hulu or something”.  And she responds “it would be a good time to pray!”  In my heart I knew that was true but that was the last thing I wanted to do... I remember thinking, I don’t feel like thinking, talking to anyone, or doing anything.  I did make it to the doctor but to not even want to talk to God?  So ridiculous.  So this week, during my QT, I'm going through 2 Chronicles... happened to be on chapter 16... and I get to verse 12 which reads “in the thirty-ninth year of his reign Asa was diseased in his feet, and his disease became severe. Yet even in his disease he did not seek the Lord, but sought help from physicians."

So rebuked. So funny but not.. cuz that's exactly what i was doing. So needed to repent. God truly does have a sense of humor, and I’m thankful that He is gracious and forgives me for my absolute ridiculous attitudes and thoughts... for my heart that does not seek God first, even when I'm physically down.

No comments: