Monday, September 15, 2014

A gift from my new “mum”


It is such a blessing and gift to have family all over the world.  I’m amazed though at the type of deep relationships that have formed.  In Bangladesh, I now have “mum”. She is the husband of the late founder of the Bangladeshi organization.  I met her a couple times on my first visit to Bangladesh, but this time, I became her daughter and she became “mum”.  Such a sweet sweet lady, with a great sense of humor too!  She lives on the same compound of the office and conference center where I also stayed, so visiting her was a must and a joy!  She made yummy food... I stuffed my face...  and I received 2 very special gifts from her.  1 was this mug here.... so sweet!  She would say that she has 3 sons but with me she now has a daughter!  One day, a staff in the cafeteria hands me a small envelope... I’m not sure what it is... but I’m wondering why she is giving me another present.  I feel bad!  I go to open it, and inside were pins!  So funny... the night before I was complaining that I could never keep the ‘orna’/scarf on me... I only had one pin... so, she provided a pack full!  So sweet.


Sweet, deep relationships. Thankful.

No comments: