Thursday, December 4, 2008

The journey has begun!

We collected so much stuff for the kids – I just have no idea how we’re going to get it all to the orphanage in India! I guess that’s a good concern to have, but nonetheless, I’m confident we will get it there somehow. Hopefully by the time this posts, I will have successfully made it through customs with my ginormous duffel bag of presents for the kids and staff and a large box of donated goods for the kids.

I’m very confused as to what day or time it is. All I know is that I left on Wednesday night from Newark and arrived in London the next day around 9:30AM… I took the tube down to Piccadilly Circus in downtown London to meet up with Mallika and Jacqueline, my StartingBloc buddies. We had a blast roaming around London, eating yummy food and wandering through museums! It was so good to see them and catch up.

I’m really glad I had those 12 hours in London – it meant a lot to be back in London, the source of the inspiration for a vision trip to India. It was 2 summers ago at the 2007 StartingBloc Global Institute for Social Innovation at LBS that Jacqueline, Vinay, and I agreed it was time to stop talking and discussing the issues to death, but to start acting … fond memories of that conference. Ah memories... next to me is Jacqueline and in the middle is Mallika.

No comments: