Friday, December 5, 2008

Day 1 - Delhi

I arrived and my luggage did too! No issues at customs... got my stuff and walked right out - no problemo! Thanks for praying for that. Had some difficulty spotting Jane in the crowd but we eventually found each other. Reminded me of pre-cell phone age - trying to spot my mom in the mall department store, well, except, I didn't have a cart full of massively sized pieces of luggage and uh... much fewer people in the mall... much less than even the holiday season.

We packed up Wilson and Peru's car (Jane's friend that we're staying with), and headed to their place. Cleaned up a bit - a much needed "bucket" shower (made a mess with that) - and then we headed out to a local shopping area where we ate at my favorite restaurant. Can you guess which one? You won't find big macs in India, but the mcchicken sandwich was yummy as were the fries. they also don't have dessert pies but had a "pizza mcpuff" which is basically like a pie with pizza in it - i give it a so-so rating. i actually think hot pocket pepperoni style is better.

A good night of sleep ahead...

2 comments:

GWL said...

of course you went to McDonalds and then compared it to Hot pockets, hahaha!! the Lees miss you!! glad to hear you are having a good time and go there safely!

Anonymous said...

mom and I were not too happy to learn that you did not take our advice of postponing your trip to India when the terror attacks happened just 2 weeks ago. however, when I dropped you off at the airport last Wednesday and helped to unload those very heavy 3 pieces of luggage with all presents to orphans (knowing more packages were being shipped), I felt a bit guilty of trying to pursuit you from not going. I then realized how big your heart is. effort to raise from your colleagues the Christmas presents, school stuff, toys, clothing, etc for kids in orphanages is way beyond my imagination that how my little girl can accomplish. both your mom and I are ever so proud of you and recognized that you are now a full grown up with a great compassion. you are doing something wonderful that I never attempted to even try. as uncle Jim said that your generation is much more capable of than our generation. we all pray for your safety there and a great success in your mission in India.