Saturday, December 13, 2008

Day 9.5 - "Fun" times... experiential learning

Never will I complain about amtrak, njtransit, septa... Not even china's trains. So as I type, we are aboard an overnight train from chennai to bangalore. It's almost midnight and we get in around 430 or so.

So as we walked through the station and onto the platform, a variety of aromatic scents filled my nasal cavity... We are lucky-well, I suppose we paid more for it-but we are at least in a closed window car with "a.c." of some sorts.

The set-up is similar to china's hard sleeper cars-each section with 2 stacks of 3 bunks on each side-only here, they've really utulized the space-the area adjacent/perpendicular to the end of the rows, they've built w additonal stack with 2 beds.

So as I lay here on my bottom bunk, I'm trying to get comfortable in a way that allows me to keep our belongings tight to our vest-you never know what peoples might try to do. As jane and I chatted about this "pleasant" experience-the sweet smells, the sheets and blankets offered, and our lovely bunk mates, jane sees a mouse run from one side to the other-like from right under my head area to the other... Lovely. I don't consider myself overly protective or sterile-those who have seen my apt can vouch for that-but I wish I had lysol anti-bacterial spray to douse my bed with, and maybe also spray down the car as well as some of our bunkmates. Jane keeps laughing at my discomfort as she spots me twitching my leg. Well, we wanted the full experience so here it goes. Actually it's really not as bad as I've described here... Just how we were feeling at the moment. Praying for a night of rest, a watchful eye over our belongings, and not missing our stop!

No comments: