Wednesday, March 28, 2012

a corporate culture filled with the spirit


Every day my mouth drops when I hear how God is moving in and through people in this ministry.  The staff of this organization, in every branch throughout the Philippines, they get together at 7am to corporately worship together.  They worship, they pray, they read the word, and they have bible study.  I’ve learned that most staff have really long commutes, many over an hour… one guy has a 3 hour commute… and they are often at the office late into the evening too.  I don't know how they do it!  Well, actually I do… the secret… probably is their commitment to this daily time of worship, of time with Him, to really set the tone of the day, of the week, of their work. He sustains. In addition to this, staff are all being discipled and/or discipling.  How awesome it is that all of this is where they work.  Work is taken seriously.  The business is run well.  An organization where issues are actually addressed.  Action is taken with creativity, as the spirit leads.  And it’s so clear and evident, in every person that you meet, from the ex-street dwellers and microfinance loan recipients and their children on up through staff and leadership, it is is amazing to see how Christ has transformed their lives.  it’s so refreshing to see, hear, and talk about God in every aspect of the work.  how can I not speak about what I see… God let me not go back to the comforts and the spiritually dry life.  Let me live transformed… refreshed in your spirit.

No comments: