Saturday, March 24, 2012

back to the philippines


I’m back in the Philippines to be with our partner there.  CCT – an amazing organization they are indeed.  I’m humbled and so blessed everytime.  God is moving mightily and powerfully using this organization.  What a privilege to be with them and be part of their work, even in small ways.

This trip popped up last minute – I suppose there is nothing new about that.  My organization was sending our Ugandan organization’s leader to CCT to give her exposure to an organization that integrates spiritual development with community development and poverty alleviation, and especially even in the business side of microfinance.  Ministry leads and is what it is all about.

This morning I popped myself into the van and it was so exciting to see our African partners there inside the van!  Such a blessing to see their faces and their excitement around how much they have gained from this visit.  I’m joining them on the tail end to debrief, and then spend some additional time with CCT on other things as well.  Once in the van, we headed to CCT’s board meeting. 

Let me tell you, no offense to the board meetings I’ve been to in the past from my corporate and continuing into my non-profit days, this board is amazing.  Successful men and women, committed Christians, so involved and committed to this ministry.  I’m also used to Boards composed of all older white men, with maybe a token women or person of color to help “diversify” the group. How exciting it was to be in this room, still mostly men, but all Asian – Filipino or Filipino-Chinese – discussing business and taking responsibilities and actions to move the organization forward.  Amazing.

Good day of debrief with our African partners.  Sorry to see them leave tonight.  I’m on my own for the next week.

No comments: