Sunday, October 9, 2011

"tw please come to gate e15"

i hitched a ride to the airport following a flag football game.  i was a bit early but i was really looking forward to the time to just sit and catch-up on stuff at the airport.  unfortunately, lately it's been hard to find time to just sit and not feel like i have to run to something or hit another deadline or whatever.  i feel so behind in so many things so i really wanted this time to sit and check things off the list... and most importantly just to sit and spend some good time with Him.

so i get to the airport, and i'm early enough that i can actually catch the earlier flight out.  but nah, like i said, i wanted some time to just sit... secondly, the change fee i'd have to pay was more than the price i paid for the flight.. i got a pretty sweet deal.  scratch that.

now, let me paint a picture here.  so i am sitting on a bar stool like chair that faces my gate.  yes, i'm somewhat aways from the seating area around my gate, but literally, it's right in front of me, within visual range without a doubt.  clearly i was enjoying myself way too much...  i was watching the time, but it just didn't register that at some point i'd have to board the plane... i sat, did some stuff, jumped on a phone call to work through some stuff, and then i hang up the phone, telling the guy that i needed to get back to him in a second after i found some data number off my phone.  i'm sitting there searching my phone, then an announcement: "tw please come to gate e15".  totally not registering what was going on, i ask the lady next to me to watch my stuff which is sprawled across this table so i could go up and find out what was going on.  i get to the man... there's no one sitting around.. no one standing in line to board... it's a southwest flight so ya know.. you line up according to your number... and it's usually crowded with people getting ready to board.  i ask the man, still clueless: "are we boarding?"  and he's like... "umm.. yes, we've boarded."  OOPS!  clearly my mind was elsewhere... ran back to my stuff, threw it in my bag and boarded a full flight.  i mean, there wasn't even anyone on the jetway.. they were seated.  i wasn't totally the last person, but definitely one of the last.

anyways, i couldn't help but laugh at how completely ridiculous i am... i mean, i had plenty of time.. i almost jumped on an earlier flight.. who would've thought there'd be any chance i'd miss this one.  just clueless, in my own world.. or perhaps just in several different worlds and having trouble focusing.

No comments: