Wednesday, October 12, 2011

back to my roots


Even though I only lived in Boston for the first year of my life, there’s something about that place that just feels like home… like my roots.  Despite the craziness of life, it’s where I find great peace and refreshment.  It helps that one of my best friend’s from high school lives here so I get to hang with her, just be real, do our thing, and be refreshed with each other’s company, but also in His word.  It’s interesting because whenever we are together, I feel that we spend more time in front of our laptops or books (she’s teaching at Tufts and BU), then we spend talking to each other – I mean, we get plenty of time to catch up and stuff, but there’s just something nice about being in each other’s company, even silently, taking care of life.

Anywho, this trip we also ran a 10K together, which was fun, despite my poor fitness levels.  We took our time, enjoyed the beautiful but hot weather, started together and finished together.  The rest of the short time there was spent at her kitchen table working or at a local Sbux that I crashed at while she went abouts her thing.  I love that we can do that… we can just live life… and enjoy the time no matter how brief or long...   

Anyways, flying back to Philly now where it will be a bit nuts for the next 48 hours.  It’s interesting because it’s not like in Boston life stops.  The good (and bad) thing about my work is that it’s virtual and it basically travels with me wherever I am.  But there’s just so much surround sound when in Philly and NYC and even DC, the 3 cities I’ve been frequenting for work stuff lately…

an update... after i landed back in philly my calendar cleared up for that afternoon! PTL! i was going to have to run to nj to take care of my parents' house stuff, then rush back for a meeting... then wed head down to dc at the crack of dawn for a meeting, and then back to philly to pack and then head up to nyc to catch my flight out to china/philippines the following day. NUTS! but ptl cuz we moved the dc meeting to my parents house!! still a lot to do but such a relief.  yes... completely strange but so awesome for me...  thank you God!

No comments: