Saturday, October 22, 2011

a cucumber garden growing on my foot


yes, yes, that is what happened last night... in my deep sleep... so deep that i actually remembered by dream.  I rarely remember dreams, and well, I'm so glad I did today because it's absolutely ridiculous and bizarre.  So before I tell you what happened, I'll share perhaps why cucumbers may have been on my mind.  

The other day we ate at a restaurant that was... hrmm... like an amusement park... like disneyland... giant gorilla statue in the back, goddess totem poles all over, and other interesting statues and monuments throughout this restaurant.  anywhere else, it would have been tacky, but somehow, this place was quite... amusing?  strangely it somehow all 'works' in my mind.  i think it's because of the bamboo pole sidewalks and bamboo and straw huts that you sit in to eat... that all somehow balances the setting and turns the tacky into a fun, interesting setting.  quite an enjoyable lunch, perhaps because of the live entertainment of singers and guitarists roaming around to each hut to perform for our tips... nah... that was nice... but the company... amazing people with a faith that drives them and the organization they are leading. i'll write more about them in a separate posting sometime later.  back to the subject though.. the cucumber...  so at this restaurant, there was a dish full of vegetable - bitter gourd, pumpkin, and some kind of cucumber or squash of some sort that I really liked.  And perhaps eating that cucumber at this amusement park like restaurant, where the impossible is possible if you only wish and dream and have child like hope... perhaps that was the cause of this interesting dream.
   
just liked this "sign"...

here's the dish that may caused this all
so here's what happened in the dream.  i was with a friend who said that we needed to grow our own food for tomorrow.  so we planted some seeds in a pot that had to rest by our feet (i have no clue why... perhaps the wafting of the wonderful scents of feet provide some sort of amazing fertilizer... i don't know.. it was a dream...).  while my friend is telling me this, of course I doubt how it could be possible for us to plant seed and for them to grow by the next morning, but nonetheless i just went ahead.  the next morning, when we awoke, she ripped off her covers and by her feet in the planter were 4 beautiful small cucumbers and I think some other random veggies.  i was so shocked but excited all at the same time.  now, it was my turn.  i take my covers off and i was horrified to find that... my planting resulted in one HUGE cucumber.  why was i not happy about this?  because it was growing around my foot and ankle!  literally, this cucumber had enveloped my foot and ankle.  how could this have happened?  did i place all the seeds to close together?  did i dip my foot in the planter at night?  what happened?  well, it didn't really matter.  anyhow, i awoke shortly after... somewhat disturbed by this interesting dream.

No comments: