Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Layover Adventures in Hawaii

breakfast feast
My hotel has free breakfast – well, I guess you can call it free but I had to pay a $23 resort fee upon check in which I think more than covers this continental breakfast.  Don’t get me wrong, it was good and unique, especially the donuts!  I had a nice time this morning feasting on God’s word and on food, overlooking the ocean from my room porch.

views from the volcano
Afterwards I hit the road... went for a long jog to the bottom of a volcano- Diamond Head, then hiked up to the crater’s summit.  I was worried I wouldn’t make it down in time but there was plenty of time!  I was so thankful for that time there.  It was raining pretty hard on my jog to the volcano. I almost turned around at one point.  In the volcano, it was actually sunny and beautiful.  It was a steep hike but well worth it. I needed the exercise for sure. I did look like a crazy woman I’m sure as I speedwalked/excused me my way around people hiking slowly up enjoying the journey...

After the hike, ran back to the hotel, and even had time to go take a quick dip in the ocean.  There were some small fish in there. Water was so clear. I confirmed that I really don’t love the ocean.  The idea of pretty fish is cool... so I chase after them like everyone else does, reach out my hand to touch them like others might... but then when they get to close, I start freaking out.  The idea of the ocean sounds nice but in reality.... not such a fan.


Anyways, a nice layover.  On to manila.






No comments: