Saturday, November 29, 2008

Phillippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Thanks scho for that verse!

So I'm headed to India in a few days, and I wish I was more excited about it; but the recent terrorist activities in Mumbai are putting somewhat of a damper on my excitement. The big question is... will I go? Friends and family are worried and insist that I reconsider the timing of this trip... I can't say that that has not crossed my mind. I can't even say I'm not worried... but I also believe in a God that understands and sees what is going on. I believe He is in control and it is He who has pieced this trip together for me. I believe in His timing for me to be there.

So to give some history, originally I was planning on going to India this past July with a couple of my StartingBlog Fellows. Those plans were suddenly halted after I injured my knee and the surgery was scheduled. At the time, I did not understand why the knee had to happen and happen then; but in my heart i knew God was teaching me something... a lesson of patience, sitting still... something... all I could do was to trust Him and go with the flow...

Later this summer, Jane gets the call to lead a team to work at an orphanage in delhi. i'm excited for her, but secretly jealous... and then, suddenly, i got a glimpse of God's timing... He opened up the opportunity for me to go - i will be meeting jane there later this week and we will be traveling together through india... meeting different people and organizations that are doing things to help the poor. is it by chance that my trip was delayed and this opportunity opened up? i don't think so.

He knows my heart better than i know mine... It's so amazing to look back and reflect on His timing and His purpose... and where my heart was before and where it needs to be.

No comments: