Monday, May 13, 2013

Uganda


Good to be back in Uganda… at hotel fang fang.  Arrived late Saturday night/early Sunday morning… checked into my chinese hotel… jumped in the shower… crashed in bed…  wanted to make the most of my Sunday and day off and explore a bit.. successfully made my way to a local gym which happened to be located in a mall with a large supermarket.. wandered there a bit. I do love wandering supermarkets!

Then on my walk back to the hotel, heard loud Christian praise music blasting from a hotel that usually does blast music but pop/rock/popular music.  I take a little detour to the front of the hotel gate, and ask the guard what’s going on…  if there is church service of something… he says the music is just for the people hanging out by the pool.  Wow… praise God for that.  So then we start talking and he asks if I’m a Christian and I say yes and he says “praise the Lord!”.  Amen brother!  And then I started thinking…  what if… just what if… God has brought these many chinese people to Uganda, for the Ugandans to reach out to these chinese people, who once saved go back to china nad reach out to their country!  Just an interesting thought..  I think he was surpseid to see a chinese person who professed their faith in jesus… 

on another note.. it's funny being called and considered a white person here.  i mean, i thought i totally was one growing up but it's just interesting when other people call you that!

No comments: