Friday, May 10, 2013

Cameroon


I’m meeting our partner in Cameroon.  It’s quite a long journey… flight from Dulles to Addis Ababa, then Addis to Duoala, then a 6 hour drive from Duoala to our partner in Bamenda, Cameroon.

Good times with our partner there. Thought I’d be going out to the field to meet their microfinance clients and get some exposure to their work there, but ended up spending most of the time inside their office, helping htem prep for a board meeting.  Realized despite that – having time to just sit and work with the partner was the best way to get to know them and build relationships with the leaders and staff. Definitely moments where I was twiddling my thumbs and asking “what in the world am I doing here… what happened in the planning of this…” but then God reassured me and reminded me that my purpose was to build relationships with them, and this was indeed the best means to do that.  So thank you!  He always knows best.

No comments: