Monday, May 17, 2010

Running to the Hiding Place

Yesterday was a gorgeous day... and God knew I needed a gorgeous day, and scheduled activity I was pre-committed to... flag football. So great to be outside running around. After some Rita's, I got home and jumped on my bike for a quick ride to the art museum. My all time favorite place to "hide" and seek inspiration and have alone time with big papa is at the Lincoln Memorial in DC. It's not that far away, but by the time I'd make it down there, it'd be too dark to sit there and ponder, so I resorted to the Art Museum steps instead. Too bad I didn't have a bike lock with me - I ended up sitting at the bottom of the steps to watch over my bike.

Anyways, unfortunately it was also pretty late in the day and getting dark, so I couldn't stay too long, but it was nice to get away and have some alone time with him. He put some Psalms in front of me which was pretty encouraging. I'm sitting here doing some work in a Starbucks, and the Hiding Place song just popped into my head and I couldn't help but look up the lyrics. Here's part of it that I'm chewing on.

I have found myself a hiding place
I've found myself a secret space
In the refuge of the Father's care
In the cleansing blood of Jesus there
...
And though my fears may overwhelm me
And troubles they surround
Though the wind rise up to take me
My hiding place is already found

I found myself a hiding place
I found myself a secret space
In the shelter of Almighty's love
In the safety of the Savior's arms

No comments: