Monday, January 12, 2009

Meet the Children at Asha House and Asha Mission

Wow - this was not an easy task, but I'm glad I did it. Not perfect but I don't think it's too bad for my first ever video production, or whatever you want to call it. So I put together a video I want to share with my colleagues at Lincoln. We had a team building event with my team before I left that focused on helping the 50 or so children and staff at 2 orphanages in Delhi, India that Jane and her team were affiliated and volunteered with. The video shows some photos of the event and introduces you to the lovely and extremely adorable children at the orphanages. As I finish organizing other photos and videos from the trip, I'll share them here!

Click on the link below - if it asks you for a password, it's "india". Yes, I know... very tricky.


SI&B Team Event - Asha Mission & Asha House from Tammy Wang on Vimeo.

5 comments:

Alisa said...

that's so cool...i never realized LF had anything to do with your trip...does that mean they paid for it too?

great job with the video :-)

Tamster said...

haha... i wish... we wanted to do a team building event, without spending too much... so timing and need-wise, it worked out well. my friend was volunteering at the orphanage and sent a list of specific needs of the children around the same time my team at LF was thinking of things to do... miss you man. talk to you soon...

Unknown said...

I was wondering if the Asha House is the same one my daughter is working at this fall - She is in Bahadrgarh, Haryana, India. Is that where the second video is from. The children's home is run by a man named Victor.

Tamster said...

Hi Greg! Yes, that seems to be the same orphanage! That's so amazing. How is your daughter doing? I hope she's having an even more amazing time than I did!

Unknown said...

Tammy, I am Greg Swartz's daughter. I was in Delhi working at Asha House for the past three months. Your video is wonderful, it is so good to see "my babies" faces. There are a lot more kids there now, about 35. They all seem to be doing well.

It looks like you got to meet Paru and maybe Wilson (he is not one to be in front of the camera). Our team stayed in their house. They are amazing people. Victor, Simini, and Lincy are also such amazing people, I am sure you will agree.

This is a video one of my team members made to help raise support for Asha House http://vimeo.com/7534807. They had absolutely no funds for December this year, but we were able to help raise support. They are covered for December but there is always next month.

If you want to know more about the kids or what has been going on there the past three months feel free to contact me. I love to tell people all about Asha House and my time in India.