Tuesday, June 8, 2004

running His race... discipline and patience...

So my elementary/middle/high school friend got married this weekend. was lots of fun.. would've been funner if I could dance on 2 feet. Pretty crazy though.. we've been friends since 2nd grade... we were in brownies and girl scouts together, played soccer, the list could go on forever, so i'll spare you. I'll scan in some pics after i get her wedding photos back.

People say weddings are joyous.. and the tears you shed are tears of joy. I don't know though. At my wedding, I'd probably be shedding tears of sadness... it's sad.. your parents are giving you away to be with someone else. yeah, you'll still see family and all, but it's weird. I don't know... I'm sure those tears of sadness will turn into joy when I'm ready... gotta find a man first I suppose.

I went to watch the team I was going to play on get killed by the Central Jersey Wildcats. No surprise I suppose.. the Wildcats have a few National Team players, some international stars... Despite the fact that my team's keeper was getting killed, goal after goal, I just wanted to be out there soo badly.

I don't know what my deal is... not being able to play is really affecting work and everything. Running around really was my method of venting frustration... that's what made me happy. All I thought about today at work was how I want to coach kids at Victory Soccer Camp and how I want to teach and yeah... I'm so confused... I guess I gotta be patient. Perhaps God did this so that I would be forced to find my happiness in Him... in His word.... Discipline and patience... determination and endurance... run His race... not mine...

No comments: