Tuesday, June 29, 2004

PCC Retreat

This weekend was GREAT!! God is soo good... I really needed to be in God's house and family... though i'm no clearer on where God wants me to be, I'm a lot more at peace, knowing that He will open and close the doors for me in His time. my prayer is that I will be a living sacrifice for God, making the most of the opportunities He places me in... even if it's seemingly no fun and painful..aka.. sitting behind a desk.. He never said it'd be easy... I pray for patience in dealing with individuals, perseverance to keep close to His word, and a heart to pour His love out of...

I really need God's perseverance to make it through this summer glorifying God in all that I do, especially at work. just one day at work after coming back from retreat, I already feel spiritually weakened. I feel like I have seniorities again... having an offer for my next rotation, plus the fact that it's summer (and summer in my heart and mind is still fun and games) just sets the correct mood and environment.

"But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry. For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:5-7. I want to be able to tell God one day that I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

So at physical therapy today, after being laughed at for having a "peg leg," I got my first walking lesson since... let's see.. since I was 1?? boy, did I feel silly... well, hopefully i'll be walking normal in no time.. maybe even better than i did before!

No comments: