Saturday, February 5, 2011

shower now, gym tomorrow, shower later, no shower at all?

just got home from an exhausting day.. building mock political campaign strategies and talking up fundraising at a fellowship institute training i'm in... swinging by cu super saturday to say hi to some folks... meeting up with old friends who i haven't seen since... uh... well, one of them just a few months but the other since middle school summer school or something crazy like that.... and now that i'm finally home... what's going through my head is a debate on whether to shower now or in the morning... and whether perhaps I can get up early enough to hit the gym for a quick spin before my meeting starts in the am... and I know i'm not a morning person at all (I mean, my mgr used to make sure it was okay for us to have morning meetings because he knew i didn't do so well in the mornings)... but i could really use some physical activity... and so if i went in the morning, then there's no point in showering now (fyi, i'm not all that dirty but major hat head from constant drizzle and wearing my hat)... but most likely, i'd fail to wake up in time to go to the gym, and then fail to wake up in time to sneak in a shower before my meeting. ugh... what a silly dilemma, but apparently one that seems to recur in my life.

...reminiscing back to June 21, 1997... i recently resurrected my old prayer journal from hs.

June 21, 1997
...Lord it's really late, and I haven't taken a shower, so I pray that you give me the strength and will power to get up early tomorrow to take a shower...

I guess things don't really change all that much... but at least then, I brought everything to Him.  Perhaps I need to be doing that more today.

No comments: