Wednesday, May 26, 2004

out for the season...

sucks.. no soccer for me for a long while.. i'm screwed.. i can't last more than a day without touching a ball.. or without running from place to place..

got my mri results today.. ruptured pcl.. i'm glad it's not the acl, although i'm not sure how i got to the pcl without getting the acl.. whatevers..anyways, bad side is that pcl's harder to reconstruct and not always successful.. good side is hopefully, or prayerfully i won't need to get surgery (of course that's also dependent on me wearing this dumb brace...and taking care of the knee.. which i am not quite fond of doing). yeah.. so my doc threw me in this huge, bulky, completely straight 180 degree brace for 4 weeks!! yeah.. i'm sure that's really going to happen... i mean, part of me says to wear it so that it can get better and so i can play sooner.. but most of me is saying, this sucks.. it's ugly, it's a pain, it's extremely inconvenient, it's hot.. and screw it.. we'll see what happens.. if you have any advice on how to get my pants over this thing, please tell me... i could do the skirt, but the brace is so long that half the brace would be hanging out... i be looking real stupid..

anyways, we find out our next rotations on friday... hartford, philly, or ft. wayne, usa here i come!

No comments: