Thursday, May 22, 2014

i'm an aunt!


I'm officially an aunt to the cutest little baby girl!  she was born, well i was informed of her birth in the middle of a workshop in the philippines. I didn't think I'd be that person showing off her kid or niece of nephew but I was... hahaha...  

I guess if I was to be replaced as the princess of the family, I would be honored that she would be the one!  (girls are special in our boy heavy family on my dad's side...).

A couple days before her birth my mom sends an email to the family: 
Mom: How are you feeling, Tien?  Our little princess still too shy to see us yet?

Me: excuse me but your little princess is in the Philippines!  :)  haha… just kidding..

And my mom replies back: You were a little princess at the beginning and then suddenly one day become a laughing queen.  Hahahaha...........!

on another note... it's fun watching my parents become grandparents.  i wonder if this is how they acted towards us when we were born.  and this kid.. in her first and second week of life... has been to some fancy restaurants already... high roller baby!  so thankful i got to swing through vancouver on my way back from the Philippines. My parents were also able to go around then as well... we got to celebrate her 1st week of life all together there!  She's so cute!  I may be biased..

No comments: