Monday, September 19, 2011

miniapple - biking in heels

my college buddy tricia got married this weekend in minneapolis.  trick and i were randomly assigned suitemates our frosh year... and then proceeded to go on a pre-orientation canoeing trip.  she's one of the first people i had met at columbia, if not the first... and even with her family... it feels like i've known them forever.  anyhow, i'm happy to see her get hitched to her college buddy, another one of our classmates.

a true blast from the past... friends who i hadn't seen since graduation... seems like just yesterday when we were in school together.. living life... hanging out... partying... studying... all of it... fun times.

a few of us fell in love with the nice ride bike system... so convenient.. you rent your bike whereever, then return it to any other niceride bike rack which are all over the city.  nice ride... beautiful sites.  such a clean outdoorsy city.  loved it... good times with friends.  loved it so much that we rode them from the wedding ceremony back to the hotel for the reception... in our dresses and heals... my mother was horrified. and no, this was not my idea but i was sure to go along with this wonderful idea. ;)

my favorite line from the wedding night... my contacts have been giving my eyes probs, which is why i hardly ever wear contacts nowadays... but basically the longer i wear them, the redder my eyes get.  i had to take my contact out towards the end of the night cuz my eye was not cutting it... my friend says to me: 'wow, you look like you've been smoking up like me.'  hilarious...  many of us still look the same... and some of us still act the same too!  :)

No comments: