Wednesday, July 9, 2008

So I was chatting with my buddy Tomo who is playing in Japan (without me!). Here's a snippet of our conversation - this is how I function at work:


Tomo: how's work? can you do it w/o moving?

Me: uh yeah.. well, i've been wearing soccer shorts and tshirts to work for the past 4 weeks

Tomo: SWEET. hahaha, that's awesome

Me: but i just sit around... but then i go crazy because i hate just sitting around... so then i start gimping around

Tomo: HAHAHA

Me: and then i feel stupid because i don't like being seen in the ghetto outfit and a huge leg brace, so then i sit back down... and i do this over and over again all day

My typical day… hide from people – work at the coffee bar or on the lovesacs or in some random corner on the floor… bathroom break, run into people, explain what happened blahblahblah… go back into hiding. Luckily have not had too many meetings this past month – most have been with folks within my team so that makes it a lot easier and less of me feeling silly. I’m so silly – it’s all in my head…

No comments: